Secure and accessible PHP contact form for WORDPRESS
This post has now been replaced by an updated version which you can find here.
Created by Mike Cherim and I, this is a wordpress plugin that lets you have your own accessible, usable, spam-proof, secure, contact form on your wordpress blog!
I haven’t seen many contact form plugins for wordpress, but this is certainly one of the best, I can say that now. We hope you enjoy using this plugin, and that it saves you from lots of horrid spam.
Read more for more information, installation instructions, and of course, the download link!
Secure and accessible PHP contact form v.2.0WP
- What is it?
- Get it now!
- Installation Instructions
- Plugin Supported Themes
- Support our sweat, blood and tears
What is it?
Well, this could well be the best, most accessible, spam proof contact form available, and its now a wordpress plugin!
Based on the PHP contact forms by Mike Cherim, Mike and I have developed a fully configurable, spam-proof, wordpress contact form plugin.
By adding a simple tag to a wordpress page you can have a fully featured contact form, great if you don’t want your email address harvested by spam bots!
This plugin lets you add a contact form to a wordpress page or a template, and after configuration, works a treat. It is fully customisable with CSS, and even has a few themes contained to get you started.
Documentation & the readme file is included in the zip, and the help file will show in your wordpress control panel too.
Mike Cherim also has a page dedicated to this plugin, find it here.
To see this plugin in action, take a look at my contact page.
Also remember, we have a multi-user version available (for use, for example, if you have multiple departments each wanting seperate messages) for a small fee, contact us for more information.
The PHP form itself, its accessibility and usability features can be found on its official page here, but here are some plugin specific features and some highlights.
- Easy to use form Overview page, with config information, and spam count.
- Great security measures implemented, to prevent spam and high-jacking.
- Form designed with accessibility and usability in mind.
- Standards compliant code and form, with XHTML and HTML strict support.
- Simple setup, with helpful prompts and extensive documentation.
- Configuration built into the wordpress interface, no need to edit any code manually.
- Easy to style, either using your own CSS files, are in-built editor, or a pre-made theme for the most popular wordpress themes.
Files In the zip
The following files are provided with the download:
/wp-gbcf_readme.txt— Instructions and installation information
/wp-gbcf/index.php— Prevents snoops looking at the files…
/wp-gbcf/wp-gbcf_form.php— Main plugin file
/wp-gbcf/wp-gbcf_help.php— Documentation library
/wp-gbcf/wp-gbcf_themes/— Themes are inside this folder, you can add your own here if you want.
/wp-gbcf/wp-gbcf_themes/wp-gbcf_images/— Theme file’s images
- 7th April 2007 – v.2.0WP B20070407 – From Mike C : I made several small modifications in the wp-gbcf_form.php to even further enhance security. I also modified the mail header to extract the character set from the blog settings instead of hard-coding it. It was hard-coded utf-8, and on most blogs will remain as such, but now that can be modified if the webmaster has selected another charset for their blog. The documentation file, wp-gbcf_help.php, was also updated.
- 29th March 2007 – v.2.0WP B20070329 – In the wp-gbcf_form.php file the blockquote’s cite attribute in the success result was changed, the “Referrer Mismatch” error was modified, the random exploit distribution codes were changed, and mail function detection was added to help users determine if they can use the form.
- 3rd March 2007 – v.2.0WP B20070303 – The ordering of the negotiations was modified in the wp-gbcf_form.php file for even greater email security. A line in the wp-gbcf_help.php file was also changed. Say thanks to Mike C Again
- 13th Feb 2007 – v.2.0WP B20070213 – A modification was made to the wp-gbcf_form.php file to update the header injection exploit error message. The on-board documentation file, wp-gbcf_help.php, was also edited (it needed it) — hopefully it’s 100% typo-free (though that’s doubtful). All index.php files were modified. Recommendation: Swap out the wp-gbcf_form.php, wp-gbcf_help.php, and all folder index.php files. Say thanks to Mike C
- 4th Feb 2007 – v.2.0WP B20070204 – Mulitple modifications and improvements made to the
wp-gbcf_form.phpfile to plug a potential header inject exploit hole, enhance database and form performance, and allow content to be added to top of form (with instructions to add content at bottom in FAQ). Configuration was re-ordered (moved CC option control to section 5). Updated the Overview page. The on-board documentation file,
wp-gbcf_help.php, was also updated and now includes instructions on make a contact page template. Multiple style sheets were added for non-specific themes. Affects first 3481 downloads. Recommendation: Swap out the
- 20th Jan 2007 – v.2.0WP 20070121 -
- Minor tweaks made to the wp-gbcf_form.php to negotiate IP
addresses differently, changed character set to UTF-8 to allow more
characters in emails, fixed a typo, and changed the “from” to the sender to
allow use with host that require SMTP authentication. Recommendation: Swap out the wp-gbcf_form.php file.
- Minor tweaks made to the wp-gbcf_form.php to negotiate IP
- 5st Nov 2006 – V2.0WP B20061105 -
- Minor tweaks made to the wp-gbcf_form.php file to make it look nicer in the source and play nicer with other WP plugins because not all terminate with a newline as they should.
- Also made one tweak to mitigate the possibility of an “open relay attack” being carried out.
- Recommendation: Swap out the wp-gbcf_form.php file.
- 1st Nov 2006 – V2.0WP B20061101 -
- Fixed the referrer issue once and for all.
- Fixed browser “auto-fill” issue.
- Added ” Offer carbon copy option” as a Config option (yes is default).
- Updated and corrected Documentation page (Config and FAQs).
- Added note next to CC tabindex field.
- Updated Overview page to show new Gen Config options.
- Make a new CC email to strip some of the data-collected and address the
form submitter more personally.
- Added second mail() function to handle CC mail.
- Updated build number.
- Fixed $_post issue to avoid form submitting itself occasionally.
- Minor optimisations.
- 26th October 2006 – V2.0WP B20061026 – Fixed small bug with concerning referring url and form location.
- 25th October 2006 – V2.0WP – Plugin Released, no known errors or bugs.
So, what are you waiting for? Download it now!
| Index |
Get it now!
Downloaded a total of 23013 times
| Index |
Installation is fast and easy. The following steps will guide get you started:
- Unpack the *.zip file and extract the
/wp-gbcf/folder and this file.
- Using an FTP program, upload the
/wp-gbcf/folder to your WordPress plugins
- In the sub-directory,
/wp-gbcf_themes/, using FTP or your server admin panel,
change the permission of the CSS theme files to 666, but you’ll only do this
if you’ll want to edit them.
- Open your WordPress Admin panel and go to the Plugins page (link on the
top menu). Locate the “Secure and Accessible PHP Contact Form” plugin and
click on the “Activate” link.
- Once activated, go to the “Contact Form” page (link on the top menu) and
select the “Configuration” link on the sub-menu. If you need help, go to
the select the “Documentation” link on the sub-menu. You won’t be able to
enter the URL yet, though.
- Once configured as much as you can, go to the “Write” page (link on the
top menu) and click the “Write Page” link on the sub-menu. If using a
default page template give it a name like “Contact Us” for example.
- Now go back to the “Configuration” page and add the URL of your newly-created
form page. “Save” your changes.
- Now go to “Manage” (link on the top menu) and click on “Edit Pages”
(link on the sub-menu). Then locate your contact page an click on the “Edit”
link to the right of it.
- In the textarea, add this:
<!--gb_contact_form-->and “Save” the page.
- That’s it, you’re done. The form will be on the new page you created and
should be ready for use and a link to the page will be on your web log’s
Pages’ navigation menu.
- Test your new form. Select the “Documentation” link on the sub-menu if you
- To style your form, select the “Styling” link on the sub-menu. There you
may select one of the ready-made themes (designed for specific popular
WordPress themes), use no theme, or create your own.
| Index |
Plugin Supported Themes
The following WordPress themes have been provided for (use these links to
get info or download them):
- Default by Michael Heilemann
- The default WordPress theme based on the famous Kubrick. Included with WordPress.
- Classic by Dave Shea
- The original WordPress theme that graced versions 1.2.x and prior. Also included
- Beast-Blog by Mike Cherim
- Beast-Blog Info |
Beast-Blog Demo | href="http://green-beast.com/logger_dl.php">Download Beast-Blog.
- Almost Spring by Becca Wei
- Almost Spring
Info | href="http://themes.beccary.com/index.php?wptheme=Almost+Spring">Almost
Spring Demo | href="http://beccary.weblogs.us/almost-spring.zip">Download Almost
- Blix by Sebastian
Info | Blix Demo | href="http://www.kingcosmonaut.de/blix/download/Blix-0.9.1.zip">Download
- Connections by Patricia
- Connections Info |
Connections Demo | href="http://www.vanillamist.com/blog/files/connections.zip">Download
- Green Marinee by Ian Main
- Green Marinee Info |
href="http://e-lusion.com/greenmarinee/">Green Marinee Demo |
- Ocadia by Becca Wei
- Ocadia Info |
Ocadia Demo | href="http://beccary.weblogs.us/ocadia.zip">Download Ocadia.
- Pool by Borja
- Pool Info |
Pool Demo | href="http://www.lamateporunyogur.net/misc/pool-v107.zip">Download
- SeaBeast by Mike Cherim
- SeaBeast Info |
href="http://green-beast.com/seabeast/">SeaBeast Demo |
Note: This theme has an included contact form but it
can be disabled in its href="http://green-beast.com/seabeast/?page_id=44">configuration and
deleted and this one used instead for great security and flexibility. Also
note this theme’s special href="http://green-beast.com/seabeast/?page_id=16">terms and conditions
| Index |
You are free to use this application but may not redistribute it without written permission.
Use of this application will be at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made directly or implied.
The creators cannot and will not be liable or held accountable for damages, direct or consequential.
| Index |
Support our sweat, blood and tears
I know, that sounds gross, but we really did put ALOT of effort in to this plugin to make it the best. If you like this plugin, or it has benefited you, please make a donation via paypal! Any amounts are welcome, we will split it between us (Cherim & Jolley). Your support is much appreciated.
*This link will take you to green-beast.com where you can use Mike’s paypal button to send a donation
| Index |