Secure & accessible contact form for WordPress + multi-user version
The ‘Secure and accessible contact form for wordpress’ has been a huge success (over 10,000 downloads!), and due to this I have decided to repost the plugin (and also its less known multi-user sister version) to further increase the popularity of this awesome plugin for the wordpress blogging platform.
The Secure & accessible contact form is designed to make contacting you from your website easy, accessible, and secure. It will definitely deter spam emails from arriving in your mail box!
What is it?
Well, this could well be the best, most accessible, spam proof contact form available, and its now a wordpress plugin!
Based on the PHP contact forms by Mike Cherim, Mike C and I have developed a fully configurable, spam-proof, wordpress contact form plugin.
This plugin lets you add a contact form to a wordpress page or a template, and after configuration, works a treat. It is fully customisable with CSS, and even has a few themes contained to get you started.
Documentation & the readme file is included in the zip, and the help file will show in your wordpress control panel too.
You can see this plugin in action on my contact page.
The multi-user version
We have a multi-user version available (for use, for example, if you have multiple departments each wanting separate messages) which costs just $70, and is great for small organisations with multiple recipients.
You can see this multi-user plugin in action here.
The PHP form itself, its accessibility and usability features can be found on its official page here, but here are some plugin specific features and some highlights.
- Easy to use form Overview page, with config information, and spam count.
- Great security measures implemented, to prevent spam and high-jacking.
- Form designed with accessibility and usability in mind.
- Standards compliant code and form, with XHTML and HTML strict support.
- Simple setup, with helpful prompts and extensive documentation.
- Configuration built into the wordpress interface, no need to edit any code manually.
- Easy to style, either using your own CSS files, are in-built editor, or a pre-made theme for the most popular wordpress themes.
Plugin update history
The plugin was released on the 25th October 2006, and has been updated and maintained since. For old update logs see the old post, as newer updates are being listed here only.
- 31st July 2008 – v.2.0WP B20080731 – General Fixes and updates.
- 7th Feb 2008 – v.2.0WP B20080207 – Mike C moved the labels, reduced their length, spanned the legends, added 3D to make a working Whois query input. Plus I used a couple of WP functions to wptexturize() and autop() the page output. Most changes were for greater accessibility.
- 14th April 2007 – v.2.0WP B20070414 – Due to threats from a disgruntled user Mike has removed all link-backs in the wp-gbcf_form.php file if Showcredit “No” is selected in the config. The documentation file, wp-gbcf_help.php, was also updated. Recommendation: Swap out the wp-gbcf_form.php and wp-gbcf_help.php files. This was never meant to dupe or spam anyone. It was used purely for software promotion and innocuous tracking.
Get the plugin now!
Normal version – B20080731
Downloaded a total of 23013 times from Blue Anvil.
German Version Available
German Version released Nov. 4th, 2006, translated by: “Monika Thon-Soun” Danke!
Multi-user version – B20070414
The multi-user version can be bought via paypal for $70 and will be sent via email in zip format, so please remember to provide your email address either via paypal or by contacting us.
Installation is fast and easy, it basically entails unzipping the folder, uploading and activating, and adding a tag to a wordpress page! Simple. Full instructions are found in the readme file within the plugin download file.
Additional template tag: There is also an alternate templating method of installation. A little more involved but better in its flexibility if you are having problems with the page tag method of including the form.
Plugin Supported Themes
If you use some of the more popular
href=”http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/”>WordPress Themes, contact
form themes have been provided to get you up-and-running faster than ever.
The following WordPress themes have been provided for (use these links to
get info or download them):
- Default by Michael Heilemann
- The default WordPress theme based on the famous Kubrick. Included with WordPress.
- Classic by Dave Shea
- The original WordPress theme that graced versions 1.2.x and prior. Also included
- Beast-Blog by Mike Cherim
- Beast-Blog Info |
Beast-Blog Demo |
- Almost Spring by Becca Wei
- Almost Spring
Spring Demo |
- Blix by Sebastian
Info | Blix Demo |
- Connections by Patricia
- Connections Info |
Connections Demo |
- Green Marinee by Ian Main
- Green Marinee Info |
href=”http://e-lusion.com/greenmarinee/”>Green Marinee Demo |
- Ocadia by Becca Wei
- Ocadia Info |
Ocadia Demo |
- Pool by Borja
- Pool Info |
Pool Demo |
- SeaBeast by Mike Cherim
- SeaBeast Info |
href=”http://green-beast.com/seabeast/”>SeaBeast Demo |
Note: This theme has an included contact form but it
can be disabled in its
deleted and this one used instead for great security and flexibility. Also
note this theme’s special
href=”http://green-beast.com/seabeast/?page_id=16″>terms and conditions
Beginning with build number 20070204 a large number of random themes have been added for you to play around with.
Mike Cherim also has a page dedicated to this plugin, find it here.
Support our sweat, blood and tears
I know, that sounds gross, but we really did put ALOT of effort in to this plugin to make it the best. If you like this plugin, or it has benefited you, please make a donation via paypal! Any amounts are welcome, we will split it between us (Cherim & Jolley). Your support is much appreciated.
*This link will take you to green-beast.com where you can use Mike’s paypal button to send a donation
You are free to use this application but may not redistribute it without written permission. Use of this application will be at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made, direct or implied. The creators cannot and will not be liable or held accountable for damages, direct or consequential. By using this application it implies agreement to these conditions.