Download Monitor 3.3 Beta Available for testing & feedback
WordPress Download Monitor is my popular plugin for managing files available for download in WordPress – version 3.3 is a major update containing many new features and improvements.
Version 3.3 (beta) is now available for beta testing to ensure this is a hassle free update when released officially. I would appreciate any feedback, praise and bug reports in the comments. Read more about the new features and grab it after the break.
So here we go, whats new:
- Improved logic on the download page
- Multiple Category Support
- Improved tags support
- Uploader for thumbnails
- Improved ’Add’ page and custom field entry.
- Bulk add from a directory on your server
- Downloads now stored in wp-content/<upload dir>/downloads/ in date folders. This should keep them more organised.
- Download admin shows download url in file column.
- Updated download.php download logic to allow local downloads that are not within the wordpress installation.
That’s all good, but the main thing to note is that the database structure has changed. This was needed in order to handle multiple categories and tags as efficiently as possible. Therefore on plugin activation the plugin will attempt to update your tables by:
- Renaming the old tables which have not changed.
- Creating new tables.
- Importing any content to the new tables.
This is a fairly complex process so its very very important that you backup your database first, especially whilst its beta. I would really appreciate if you told me via the comments if the upgrade process worked, or what problems occurred.
With that in mind, heres the download link: Download Monitor Beta 3.3 (1959)